We've Moved!

07 December 2010

Advent Reflection for Tuesday, December 7th

Click here for today's readings.

In this Gospel, we hear a familiar message from Jesus. He came to heal the sick, to serve the poor, and to find the lost sheep. It is a good reminder as we continue in Advent and prepare for the Incarnation at Christmas. I think we can all get caught up in this “season of giving.” There is no greater joy for me than seeing the look on a loved one’s face as they open that perfect gift I have given. But this brings to mind a few questions: What am I giving? To whom am I giving? And maybe most importantly, why am I giving? It is easy and comfortable to hang out with the 99 sheep, but Jesus teaches us, we need to break out of that comfort zone and go after the stray. Or maybe, at these times when I lose sight of the big picture and Jesus’ message, I am the one sheep gone astray.

- Chris Davidson is youth minister at St. Matthias Church and a CFJ Team member.