We've Moved!

01 December 2010

Advent Reflection for Wednesday, December 1st

Click here for today's readings.

As I reflect on the readings of today, I am moved to joy and wonder concerning our Lord’s superabundant love for us. The Creator of the Universe is inviting me to his table and feast and anointing me with oil. The King of Kings wants to stand by my side and wipe tears from my face. The Lord, who is made of love, loves me, a sinner, who is not deserving of this immense generosity that is truly beyond my understanding. But for some reason, the Lord loves me. 

During this season of Advent, I cannot help but be in awe. I can only describe the love our God has for us as incomprehensible or indescribable. In “A Sky Full of Children,” Madeleine L’Engle explains: “Don’t try to explain the Incarnation to me! It is further from being explainable than the furthest star in the furthest galaxy. It is love, God’s limitless love enfleshing that love into the form of a human being, Jesus, the Christ, fully human and fully divine.”  

- Mike Gomez is a member of the Center for FaithJustice’s Board of Trustees.