We've Moved!

08 December 2010

Advent Reflection for Wednesday, December 8th

Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception

Click here for today's readings.

Adam answered God, “I heard you in the garden; but I was afraid, because I was naked, so I hid myself.”

Am I ever afraid of disappointing God by letting others down? Am I tempted to cover my face and hide when something goes wrong? Does God find me and call me back? What does it feel like to be forgiven?
+ + +
Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous deeds.
What makes me sing out to the Lord like I’ve never sung before? Which of the marvelous works of God inspire me to shout, to laugh, to dance?
+ + +
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens…
How am I blessed? What gifts have I been given? How, in turn, can I bless others?
+ + +
Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.”

Mary, the model disciple, gives up control and lets the will of God work in her life. When is it particularly difficult to give up control of our own lives? Are there times I forget that God is in charge? What is one thing I can let go of this Advent?